Morrisons brings Market Street to life in latest Ant and Dec ad
Morrisons is looking to push its fresh-food offering by recreating its Market Street as an outdoor location, in its latest ad starring TV presenters Ant and Dec.
Morrisons: Ant and Dec promote supermarket's Market Street concept
The campaign, which breaks tonight during' Coronation Street' on ITV, shows Morrisons employees from across the country become market traders on a cobbled street, as Ant and Dec explore the supermarket’s various fresh produce lines, including fresh fish, beef, pies and flowers.
The 50-second ad, by DLKW Lowe, concludes with a voiceover saying, "Market freshness. Market prices. Only on Market Street at Morrisons."
Belinda Youngs, Morrisons corporate brand marketing director, said: "The advert demonstrates the pride we have in our Market Street prices, products and skilled friendly colleagues. Ant and Dec have helped us bring the Morrisons fresh market to life as a destination for fresh value."
Ant and Dec were introduced as the face of Morrisons marketing in February last year, with a TV ad showing the presenters interacting with Morrisons’ specialist employees, such as fishmongers and butcher. The duo also appeared in the brand’s all-singing-and dancing Christmas campaign.
Last month, it was revealed that online food operations director George Dymond has put in a request to leave Morrisons weeks after joining the company.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London