Bauer aims to tap into boom in native ads with Debrief launch
Bauer Media has launched The Debrief, a multi-platform brand for 20-something women, funded primarily by native advertising.
The Debrief: Bauer Media launches mult-iplatform brand for 20-something women
The arrival of The Debrief, first reported by Campaign in November, is Bauer’s answer to a 24/7 digital brand within the women’s lifestyle sector it is already well acquainted with.
TheDebrief.co.uk will be focused around five content pillars – People, Life, Getting Ready, Sex and In/Out.
The launch is being backed with a digital native marketing campaign created by Gravity Road across The Debrief’s own portfolio of owned, earned and paid-for channels. Commercial launch partners are Bacardi and H&M.
The Debrief editorial mix will be led by Hattie Brett, with a team of 11 content creators committed to writing and commissioning content designed to be sharable. New York-based editor Fiona Byrne will publish live content overnight. Bauer’s publisher of the new venture is Lauren Holleyoake.
Richard Dunmall, the new managing director of advertising at Bauer Media, said: "Debrief is about really good insights and meeting specific audience demands.
"This is not a me-too product, Debrief is a genuinely fresh launch that offers a completely different perspective. This group of people, savvy 20-something year old women, are really happy with the exchange between quality content, brands and their time."
Dunmall would not disclose any revenue or circulation targets set for Debrief's first year, but the publisher will be hoping the decision to develop a new standalone brand, as opposed to revamping the digital extensions of existing brands like Closer, Grazia and Heat, will pay off.
Ulrika Miller, marketing manager at H&M, said the high street fashion brand was "really excited" with the partnership to target its 20-something audience. She said: "H&M always aims to interact with our consumers in innovative and unique ways and this partnership perfectly enables us to continue to do that."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East