Facebook's tenth birthday: watch a brief history
Facebook, the social network co-founded and led by Mark Zuckerberg, celebrates its tenth birthday today.
Facebook: Vine video briefly encapsulates the social network's history
Launched in 2004 as thefacebook.com, Facebook now boasts 1.23 billion monthly active users. Its mobile products are used by 945 million each month.
In 2010, Zuckerberg was named "Person of the year" by Time magazine.
The social network acquired Instagram, the photo-sharing app, in April 2012, for a reported $1 billion.
Based in California, Facebook now operates offices across locations including Amsterdam, Buenos Aires, Hong Kong, London, Tokyo and Sydney.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Comms Account Manager: £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Client Service Manager - Media Planning and Sponsorship PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Search Account Manager - The Leading Media Agency - PPC Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London