MailOnline reports £14m ad revenues in last quarter
DMG Media has reported that digital ad revenues for MailOnline increased by £5 million (48%) to £14 million in the last quarter, more than offsetting the £1 million drop in print ads at the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday.
Mail Online: digital ad revenues up by £5 million in the last quarter
In the Daily Mail & General Trust's Interim Management Statement today for the three months to 31 December 2013, its newsbrands' division, DMG Media, has reported revenues of £201 million, with solid underlying revenue growth of 2% on last year.
Once DMG Media’s contract printing losses – a business now defunct – are stripped out, total underlying advertising revenues were up 5% in the quarter, driven by digital operations.
The gap between revenues generated by the Mail's traditional print titles and its website continues to shrink, with the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday falling 4% to £53 million during the three months, while MailOnline made £14 million from ads.
MailOnline’s monthly unique browsers in December stood at 162 million, up 41% on last year, and average daily unique browsers were 9.9 million, an increase of 39% on last year.
Elsewhere, DMG Media's four-year-old deals website, Wowcher, is reported to have delivered "a particularly strong performance" and now has "a substantial database of 4.3 million subscribers".
The publishing division reports a strong start to 2014, with total underlying advertising revenues up 6% for the five weeks since 29 December 2013.
However, DMGT’s biggest growth areas continue to be all outside of its traditional newsbrands, with underlying revenues at DMG Events up 32%, DMG Information 14% and B2B up 10%.Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London