Innocent shakes up marketing department as brand expands
Innocent Drinks has made a number of changes to its marketing department to respond to the Coca-Cola-owned brand's growing European arm.
Amy Shah has been promoted from marketing area chief to the newly-created role of global head of brand, in which she will be responsible for Innocent’s international juice and smoothie marketing. She will report to Franz Bruckner, Innocent’s group marketing and innovation director.
Innocent said it is still recruiting for a UK head of marketing, and that European marketing manager Helen Pomphrey has been promoted to UK head of brand.
Last year, profits Innocent posted profits up by nearly 200% to £12m, showing significant growth to the point of now owning subsidiaries in Denmark, Sweden, Austria and France, and proved to be the top-selling smoothie brand in Europe.
Franz Bruckner said: "We're very pleased to announce that we have appointed Amy Shah as head of global brand. Amy has been at innocent for five years, most recently as marketing area chief.
"Her experience within Fruit Towers and her marketing know-how make her the perfect person to look after our European marketing teams as they roll out exciting and innovative plans."
The shake-up comes a month after it launched its £3.5m marketing campaign, 'Chain of good'. The work saw Innocent overhaul its marketing strategy to focus on emotional messaging and charity work rather than its individual products, under a new strapline: "Tastes good does good".
Innocent’s group head of brand and creative Dan Germain explained that the Chain of Good starts whenever someone drinks an Innocent smoothie, with 10% of the profits then going towards the Innocent foundation, which helps people like farmers in Uganda.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London