Innocent shakes up marketing department as brand expands
Innocent Drinks has made a number of changes to its marketing department to respond to the Coca-Cola-owned brand's growing European arm.
Amy Shah has been promoted from marketing area chief to the newly-created role of global head of brand, in which she will be responsible for Innocent’s international juice and smoothie marketing. She will report to Franz Bruckner, Innocent’s group marketing and innovation director.
Innocent said it is still recruiting for a UK head of marketing, and that European marketing manager Helen Pomphrey has been promoted to UK head of brand.
Last year, profits Innocent posted profits up by nearly 200% to £12m, showing significant growth to the point of now owning subsidiaries in Denmark, Sweden, Austria and France, and proved to be the top-selling smoothie brand in Europe.
Franz Bruckner said: "We're very pleased to announce that we have appointed Amy Shah as head of global brand. Amy has been at innocent for five years, most recently as marketing area chief.
"Her experience within Fruit Towers and her marketing know-how make her the perfect person to look after our European marketing teams as they roll out exciting and innovative plans."
The shake-up comes a month after it launched its £3.5m marketing campaign, 'Chain of good'. The work saw Innocent overhaul its marketing strategy to focus on emotional messaging and charity work rather than its individual products, under a new strapline: "Tastes good does good".
Innocent’s group head of brand and creative Dan Germain explained that the Chain of Good starts whenever someone drinks an Innocent smoothie, with 10% of the profits then going towards the Innocent foundation, which helps people like farmers in Uganda.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London