Freeview launches loving budgie and cat duet ad
Freeview, the free-to-air digital TV service, is launching an ad today that features a cat and a budgie singing Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell's 'You're All I Need To Get By'.
The ad, which was created by Leo Burnett London, airs tonight on Channel 4 during an episode of ‘Peter Kay: Live &Back on Nights!’. It will run on E4, More4 and Film 4 at the same time.
The campaign comes after an exclusive teaser for the ad was shown on Channel 4 on 10 February.
The teaser showed a cat stalking his way to a budgie’s cage and opening its door, before it cut out. Viewers were then invited to go on Twitter and guess what would happen.
Freeview is giving away a 50-inch TV, as well as tickets to go see 'Chatty Man' and '8 Out of 10 Cats'.
The full ad shows the same build-up, but instead of trying to eat the bird, the cat starts singing ‘You’re All I Need To Get By’, and the budgie completes the duet.
The pair move to the sofa and continue to serenade each other, as their owner looks on astonished. The voiceover then informs viewers that Freeview offers "95 per cent of the nation’s top TV, no monthly cost".
The spot was written by Leo Burnett London’s Phillip Meyler and Darren Keff, and directed by Ne-O through Stink. MEC handled the media planning and buying.
The ad builds on Freeview’s existing proposition that entertainment is even better when it’s free. <ahref="/thework/1214982/Freeview-tadpoles-Leo-Burnett/">A 2013 ad showed tadpoles dancing to The Kinks’ ‘You Really Got Me’ as a young boy watches.
This story first appeared on Campaignlive
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Senior Marketing / Customer Development Manager PSD Group Up to £60K + discretionary bonus, London
- Account Director (part-time) Beyond The Book £40000-£55000 pro-rata, Bedfordshire