Viral review: The Lego Movie ad break missed a trick for wider social outreach
Social video experts Be On review the latest viral video from Lego
The ads could generate more views and social outreach if distributed separately in appropriate environments. 8/10
The Lego Movie ad break
TV ad break made fun? It’s probably hard to imagine but Lego took on the challenge and we find the outcome quite successful.
On a Sunday night ITV devoted a whole advertising break during "Dancing on Ice" to a Lego version of adverts for the British Heart Foundation, Confused.com, BT and Premier Inn.
The official trailer for The Lego Movie followed the block. Out of the four ads portrayed by Lego our favourite is definitely the Vinnie Jones CTR ad. The original make was definitely entertaining and well made but there is something special about seeing the British film star and ex-football hardman as a Lego man.
All of the ads are remade roughly shot for shot. The execution is outstanding and definitely enhances the entertainment factor that some of the originals were lacking. This neat idea works very well on a TV screen, but one could ask if that’s the only place for those ads.
Lego produced several online videos ahead of the film's release today but it wouldn’t hurt to give this creative tactic some more online attention. Although the remakes are present on Lego’s official channel as one video, the ads could generate more views and social outreach if distributed separately in appropriate environments.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London