Reggae hook catches spirit of Team Jamaica at Sochi
"To the right... It's bobsled time! To the left... It's bobsled time" goes a reggae track accompanying an 8-bit video short celebrating the Jamaican bobsleigh team at the Sochi Winter Olympics.
Bobsled Time: video celebrates Jamaican bobsleigh team's appearance at Sochi 2014
The Jamaican Olympics team, whose Winter Olympics debut in 1988 was fictionalised in the Hollywood film ‘Cool Runnings’, is currently ranking last in the event, so short of a miracle, will not step up to the podium.
However, the catchy 90-second video, which was funded by PayPal and created through crowdsourcing, is a winner in capturing the team’s positive spirit in inimitable style.
The video combines animated graphics with footage of the actual bobsled track.
Client: The Jamaica Tourist Board
Brand: Jamaican Bobsled Team
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire