M&S makes London Fashion Week debut with 'Best of British' collection
Marks & Spencer made its debut at London Fashion Week this weekend with an event that showcased its "Best of British" collection for autumn 2014.
The appearance of M&S at London Fashion Week comes as the brand attempts to turn around the image of its clothing and emulate the success other retailers such as Topshop and Burberry have had at London Fashion Week.
In January, it emerged M&S had suffered its third Christmas of declining clothing sales, as it reported like-for-like general merchandise sales dropped by 2.1% in the 13 weeks to 28 December.
The 'Best of British' range on display at London Fashion Week was designed in-house by the M&S design team based at the newly opened M&S Studio in Shoreditch.
M&S says the range is a "true celebration of British craftsmanship and creativity" and a "modern exploration of heritage sensibility".
The full collection is manufactured in
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Project Managers and Campaign Project Managers £25,000- £70,0000 Nakama Between £25,000 and £70,000 depending on role, London