M&S makes London Fashion Week debut with 'Best of British' collection
Marks & Spencer made its debut at London Fashion Week this weekend with an event that showcased its "Best of British" collection for autumn 2014.
The appearance of M&S at London Fashion Week comes as the brand attempts to turn around the image of its clothing and emulate the success other retailers such as Topshop and Burberry have had at London Fashion Week.
In January, it emerged M&S had suffered its third Christmas of declining clothing sales, as it reported like-for-like general merchandise sales dropped by 2.1% in the 13 weeks to 28 December.
The 'Best of British' range on display at London Fashion Week was designed in-house by the M&S design team based at the newly opened M&S Studio in Shoreditch.
M&S says the range is a "true celebration of British craftsmanship and creativity" and a "modern exploration of heritage sensibility".
The full collection is manufactured in
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London