Booking.com launches first UK brand campaign
Booking.com celebrates the small things that can make or break holiday accommodation for people, in its first UK brand campaign.
Bookings.com: unveils its first UK brand campaign
The TV spot, which is called "booking epic", first aired last night in the UK. The spot makes fun of the strange things that holidaymakers rave about regarding their accommodation – for instance, nice slippers, eggs and soap.
The TV ad is almost the same as the one shown on TV in Canada in January, except that the British comedian Peter Serafinowicz – who voiced Darth Maul in 'Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace' – provides the voiceover in the UK ad.
Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam created the spot, which was written by Zoe Hawkins and Siavosh Zabeti, art directed by Kia Heinnen and Cari Vander Yacht, and directed by Traktor. Mindshare handled the media buying.
The brand hired Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam as its first ad agency in 2012. Booking.com released its first TV campaign, using the strapline "the delight of right", in 2013 in the US and Australia.
Before hiring Wieden & Kennedy in 2012, Booking.com spent 15 years advertising online using an in-house team.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire