Sorrell kicks back at Labour criticisms
Sir Martin Sorrell has hit back at Helen Goodman MP's criticism of the advertising industry, in an article in The Daily Telegraph.
Sir Martin Sorrell: the chief executive of WPP
In a bylined piece published online on Saturday 15 February the chief executive of WPP said Goodman’s comments at the Advertising Association’s Lead conference in January were "just the latest addition to the canon of ad-bashing".
Sorrell cited the Deloitte report, on behalf of the AA, which found the advertising industry contributes £100 billion to UK GDP, and contrasted it to Goodman’s suggestion that "excesses in marketing" contributed to the London riots.
Sorrell added: "Industry leaders were alarmed and bemused by her apparent hostility and suspicion towards the advertising and marketing services business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, Reading
- Senior Product Manager Barclay Meade negotiable, Oxfordshire
- Data Planning Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Senior Copywriter - Tone of Voice, Ethical Brand ADLIB £30k-35k, Bristol
- Freelance Creative Artworkers Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London