Sorrell kicks back at Labour criticisms
Sir Martin Sorrell has hit back at Helen Goodman MP's criticism of the advertising industry, in an article in The Daily Telegraph.
Sir Martin Sorrell: the chief executive of WPP
In a bylined piece published online on Saturday 15 February the chief executive of WPP said Goodman’s comments at the Advertising Association’s Lead conference in January were "just the latest addition to the canon of ad-bashing".
Sorrell cited the Deloitte report, on behalf of the AA, which found the advertising industry contributes £100 billion to UK GDP, and contrasted it to Goodman’s suggestion that "excesses in marketing" contributed to the London riots.
Sorrell added: "Industry leaders were alarmed and bemused by her apparent hostility and suspicion towards the advertising and marketing services business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)