Sorrell kicks back at Labour criticisms
Sir Martin Sorrell has hit back at Helen Goodman MP's criticism of the advertising industry, in an article in The Daily Telegraph.
Sir Martin Sorrell: the chief executive of WPP
In a bylined piece published online on Saturday 15 February the chief executive of WPP said Goodman’s comments at the Advertising Association’s Lead conference in January were "just the latest addition to the canon of ad-bashing".
Sorrell cited the Deloitte report, on behalf of the AA, which found the advertising industry contributes £100 billion to UK GDP, and contrasted it to Goodman’s suggestion that "excesses in marketing" contributed to the London riots.
Sorrell added: "Industry leaders were alarmed and bemused by her apparent hostility and suspicion towards the advertising and marketing services business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)