VO5 and Brit Awards enter Twitter video partnership
VO5 and the Brit Awards have become the first UK brands to use Twitter's Amplify programme, with a partnership offering music fans exclusive video content from the star-studded ceremony tomorrow night.
VO5: ties up with the Brits to give fans exclusive video of the awards via Twitter
Unilever-owned VO5 is sponsoring the Brits’ official Twitter player and will feature in three- to eight-second pre- and post-roll clips, during 60- to 90-second video tweets.
The player is provided by Twitter Amplify, a newly launched sponsored content service from the social media giant. The player will carry videos highlights from before, during and after the awards ceremony.
The Brits take place tomorrow evening, when the event will be aired live on ITV. The awards will feature live performances from acts including Arctic Monkeys, Bruno Mars, Pharrell Williams, Lorde, Disclosure and Katy Perry.
The partnership also features VO5 teaming up with Spotify. The online music service will host an interactive hub and user-generated playlist and carry ads with a click-through to a VO5 hub, where users can enter a competition to win a year’s supply of VO5 products or a year’s Spotify Premium account.
Users will be invited to enter a song of their choice to the Ultimate VO5 playlist hosted by Spotify, and will receive a suggested hairstyle to match their choice of music, and a video showing them how to achieve the style.
Traffic will also be driven through customised hashtags, links to the VO5 website, in-video banners and promotional video tweets.
Olivia Kirby, Unilever UK’s VO5 brand manager, said: "VO5 isn’t just about facilitating great hair, but being at the vanguard of technological innovation, hence our passion to work with The Brit Awards 2014 to create the first ever UK Twitter Amplify programme.
"The partnership provides an excellent new platform to reach our target audience through leveraging engaging, timely, snackable clips to drive live conversation."
Last month, Brits sponsor MasterCard announced it had recruited Kylie Minogue to lead its Priceless campaign, after renewing its headline sponsorship of the awards for a further three years.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London