B&Q hunts digital shop as part of marketing overhaul
B&Q is on the hunt for a digital agency as part of the marketing overhaul that saw it replace Karmarama with WCRS on its advertising account.
B&Q: 'unloved rooms' campaign
The home retailer has contacted agencies with a brief to handle its digital strategy and digital creative. B&Q is handling the pitch itself. Chemistry meetings will be held in the coming weeks.
There is no incumbent on the account. Zone had been appointed to work on B&Q’s digital content and social media campaigns in 2013, but had to resign the account after a few months due to a conflict.
A spokesperson for B&Q said: "We’re in the process of reviewing our digital strategy as part of the overall marketing communications review which began last year, and are currently in talks with a number of agencies."
B&Q has a marketing budget of more than £50 million. It appointed WCRS to its advertising account without a pitch in January. The home improvement retailer split with its previous agency, Karmarama, by mutual consent in December 2013.
Karmarama had worked the account for little over a year. The agency won the business after a contested pitch, against WCRS among others, in November 2012.
B&Q’s marketing overhaul comes after Kevin O’Byrne replaced the long time chief executive Martyn Phillips in the role in October.
At the same time, the former brand director and acting marketing director David Hutchinson left the business and the former 118 118 marketer Chris Moss joined as the customer and marketing director.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London