Microsoft reveals truth behind Xbox One TV ad 'glitch'
An apparent one-second glitch in a TV ad for Microsoft's Xbox One compelled eagle-eyed gamers to embark on a cryptographic quest and unlock games, prizes and gaming consoles.
Xbox One reveals truth behind 'glitch' in TV ad
An ad airing in January was almost identical to Xbox One’s ‘Invitation’ ad launched in October, except for a 25-frame "glitch", which when slowed down could be seen to contain various clues to help solve the mystery.
Xbox has released a two-minute film explaining the whole stunt.
The first gamer to solve the mystery took 37 hours, resulting in him winning prizes including 12 months’ Xbox Live Gold membership, a games bundle and a ticket to Los Angeles for the launch party of game ‘Titanfall’.
Brand: Xbox One
Client: Graeme Boyd, Xbox EMEA social marketing manager, Microsoft
Agencies: Crispin Porter + Bogusky, UM International, B-Reel
Creatives: Ben Walker, Matt Gooden
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London