Bauer Media promotes Absolute's Paul Brown to lead digital development
Bauer Media has appointed Paul Brown, the technology director at Absolute Radio, in the new role of digital development director, in the second such appointment since Bauer Media bought Absolute Radio at the end of 2013.
Paul Brown: becomes digital development director at Bauer Media
Brown will be responsible for developing and executing Bauer Media's digital technology strategy, across its radio stations and its London lifestyle magazine business.
Godfrey Leach, the chief technology officer at Bauer Media, will report to Brown, as will his existing team including Duncan Amey, the head of research and development, and Ben Matthew, the head of application development.
Brown will report to Paul Keenan, the chief executive of Bauer Media.
Brown joined Absolute Radio in 2008 and has been responsible for the delivery of more than 40 apps, which the radio group developed in-house. He previously worked at specialist radio agency RadioWorks and before that spent ten years at Capital Radio.
Keenan said: "Absolute Radio enjoys a leading position in digital development, and following our acquisition of the business, we wanted to strengthen and deepen Bauer Media in this vital area. Paul's appointment, and the capabilities of his team, will accelerate our progress."
Bauer Media bought Absolute Radio in December last year.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London