AB InBev launches rum-flavoured beer Cubanisto for tech-savvy consumers
AB InBev is launching a rum-flavoured premium lager in the UK to capitalise on the growing popularity of flavoured beer.
Cubanisto: AB InBev launches rum-flavoured premium lager
Cubanisto is described by AB InBev as "inspired by the vibrant spirit of the Caribbean...with a fresh taste of citrus, orange zest and lime, accentuated by the aroma of caramalised cane sugar and treacle’. Aimed at the nightlife occasions, the brand’s bottle has a UV-light sensitive coating.
The lager will be promoted through secret consumer experiences, which can only be unlocked through social media and as yet unnamed "new technology" will enable fans to gain access to exclusive content.
Emily Kraftman, AB InBev UK’s senior brand manager said: "Cubanisto is a brand waiting to be discovered by tech-savvy trend setters, and enjoyed when socialising and celebrating with friends."
The flavoured beer category is worth £115m in the UK and is growing across both on- and off-trade channels, reflecting consumer demand. Rum is also in growth, up 29% by volume between 2012 and 2013.
The announcement by AB InBev comes a week after rival brewer Heineken unveiled Desperados Verde, a premium lager flavoured with tequila and a twist of mint and lime.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)