HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push
HSBC has launched a global campaign to promote its sponsorship of the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens.
The fully integrated campaign, created by Saatchi & Saatchi, centres on Sevens as an "unleashed" form of rugby, with a more expressive format, both on and off the pitch.
HSBC designed the campaign, called "bring your game", to highlight the insight that, whether you are a spectator or taking part, Sevens is all about one-upmanship in performance.
The campaign featured players from the series including Dan Norton from England, DJ Forbes from New Zealand and Carlin Isles from the US. The ad shows them taking part in a hip-hop style battle to show off their skills, while tribes of fans dance around in costumes on the pitch.
It is also the first time HSBC has used social media as a central part of Hong Kong Sevens campaign. The activity challenges players and fans to use the hashtag #bringyourgame.
Andrea Newman, the global head of advertising and marketing communications at HSBC, said: "We love the simplicity and the impact of #bringyourgame. It is a fun and inherently social campaign that has the ability to invite people in, internally and externally."
A 90-second version of the film has been launched on YouTube and a 30-second version will air on TV globally on 14 March, with media planning and buying handled by Mindshare.
A 60-second version of the film will be played in the stadium during the tournament form 28 to 30 March.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)