iBeacons: What are they and how should they be used?
Beacon technology, and more specifically Apple's iBeacon version, is causing a stir among retailers with its ability to target people with mobile messaging in-store, but what is it exactly and how does it work?
Beacon technology: targeting people with mobile messaging in-store
Marketing spoke to Appflare chief executive and founder Owen Geddes, who claims to have facilitated the first use of iBeacons in the UK with Eat and Weve, about how the Bluetooth technology works, what the potential applications are and how why retailers need to take care when implementing the technology.
The iBeacon – What is it?
What are the data and security implications?
How should they be used?
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London