iBeacons: What are they and how should they be used?
Beacon technology, and more specifically Apple's iBeacon version, is causing a stir among retailers with its ability to target people with mobile messaging in-store, but what is it exactly and how does it work?
Beacon technology: targeting people with mobile messaging in-store
Marketing spoke to Appflare chief executive and founder Owen Geddes, who claims to have facilitated the first use of iBeacons in the UK with Eat and Weve, about how the Bluetooth technology works, what the potential applications are and how why retailers need to take care when implementing the technology.
The iBeacon – What is it?
What are the data and security implications?
How should they be used?
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)