iBeacons: What are they and how should they be used?
Beacon technology, and more specifically Apple's iBeacon version, is causing a stir among retailers with its ability to target people with mobile messaging in-store, but what is it exactly and how does it work?
Beacon technology: targeting people with mobile messaging in-store
Marketing spoke to Appflare chief executive and founder Owen Geddes, who claims to have facilitated the first use of iBeacons in the UK with Eat and Weve, about how the Bluetooth technology works, what the potential applications are and how why retailers need to take care when implementing the technology.
The iBeacon – What is it?
What are the data and security implications?
How should they be used?
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)