Unilever puts cash behind digital ventures for global expansion and marketing
Unilever has today announced the seven innovative digital companies it is backing as part of its 'Go Global' programme, which will partner with seven of the FMCG giant's own brands to develop new marketing campaigns.
Marc Mathieu: senior vice-president of marketing at Unilever
Africori, NewAer, LifeSum, and Thoughtful Media Group are some of the seven digital companies that have been picked by Unilever to partner with brands Clear, Hellman's, Magnum, Flora, Surf, Vaseline and Unilever project sunlight to create "groundbreaking" digital marketing campaigns.
Unilever will give each of the companies selected $100,000 in cash, mentorship, and a range of services in exchange for a customised digital marketing pilot for each of the named brands, covering the area of content, mobile or connected devices.
These campaigns will then go live across Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.
Marc Mathieu, senior vice-president, marketing, at Unilever, said: "It is important as marketers to constantly adapt and get ahead of the world we live in. With technology – and even more so with mobile technology – the pace of change is accelerating exponentially.
"Working with young, high-growth companies that are partly inventing the future will enable us to continue to pioneer new technologies and platforms which can help our brands engage more meaningfully with people around the world."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire