Clipper Teas launches TV campaign
Clipper Teas is setting itself up as the challenger to other black teas by encouraging people to cheat on their regular brand in its new TV campaign.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty created the spot for Clipper Teas, which airs exclusively on Channel 4 today 17 March and is called "change tastes good".
The ad shows couples enjoying cups of tea together as messages such as "she’s having an affair" appear on screen.
At the end of the spot, it is revealed that these people are only cheating on their usual tea brand, words flash across the screen asking viewers to "have an affair with Clipper" as a voiceover says "change tastes good". The soundtrack to the ad is Tom T’s 'I Love (Little Baby Ducks)'.
The work was created by BBH’s Tom Drew and Uche Ezugwu, and directed by James Griffiths through Moxie. BBH negotiated the Channel 4 media plan with Allscreens21.
This is the first campaign that BBH has produced for Clipper Teas, since it won the brand’s advertising account in January. Clipper Teas has not advertised since 2012.
It launched its first ad – an animated spot called "say hello" – in 2010. It was created by WARL and Aardman Animations.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...