M&C Saatchi sued by US photographer
M&C Saatchi has vowed to vigorously defend itself against claims that an ad for HP sauce violated the copyright of the US photographer Jill Greenberg.
M&C Saatchi: London headquarters
A diary piece in the Daily Telegraph on Saturday reported that Greenberg was suing M&C Saatchi for £250,000 for using one of her photos to sell the idea to the client and then using a photograph that was inspired by her work in the campaign.
Greenberg claims that an ad showing a sad, crying man and boy with the copy "No HP, No Happy" was inspired by her works Torture and Grand Old Party.
An M&C Saatchi spokeswoman said: "M&C Saatchi are aware of the reports in the media in respect of the proceedings issued by Jill Greenberg. M&C Saatchi are vigorously defending their position.
"It would be inappropriate for us to comment further while legal proceedings are ongoing."
Greenberg has previously shot ad campaigns for brands including Burger King, Lays (Walkers), Hennessy and Epson. She has taken photos of stars including Pharrell Williams, John McCain and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
A spokeswoman for Greenberg had not replied to a request for comment by the time of publication.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)