Co-op's Gill Barr leaves board, but keeps top marketing position in management reshuffle
Gill Barr, the Co-operative's marketing director, is to give up her position on the management executive board, but will continue in her role, as the company undergoes a major management restructure following the departure of chief executive Euan Sutherland.
Gill Barr: leaves Co-op board but keeps top marketing post in management reshuffle
Sutherland quit the group with immediate effect last week after claiming that he had found it "impossible" to reform the teetering business.
Barr will continue with her responsibilities, but will now report to Nick Folland, chief external affairs officer, who is adding responsibility for all aspects of membership and social goals into his existing internal and external communications role.
Paula Kerrigan, chief strategy officer, will now become a member of the board, and continue to develop the group’s purpose and strategy.
Interim group chief executive Richard Pennycook will take on a new management executive role of chief operating officer, overseeing finance, IT, risk and transformation delivery once a new chief executive has been found.
Pennycook said: "I am pleased to be announcing these changes to our management team, which mean we are better positioned to tackle the complex issues we face.
"We are focused on the hard work needed to complete the development of our new strategy. This is the right team to deliver that strategy in the interests of all our stakeholders: customers, colleagues and members."
Steve Murrells, chief executive of retail, will maintain responsibility for food, pharmacy, farms and e-store, but will also take responsibility for property and estates.
Rod Bulmer moves from his position of deputy chief executive of the Co-operative Bank to become the chief executive of consumer services. He will join the group in June and become responsible for general insurance, funeralcare and legal services.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London