AOL launches video platform AOL On in UK
AOL UK has launched AOL On, its premium video network in the UK, with content partners Endemol beyond, Channel 4 News, ITN, Scripps Networks International, Little Dot Studios, MyMovies, Videojug, Trinity Mirror, Telegraph Media Group and TalkTalk.
AOL On: video network launches in the UK
The new network will feature both curated and original content around news, entertainment, style and tech. The network also includes AOL's own sites, The Huffington Post UK, AOL, Parentdish, MyDaily and TechCrunch.
It follows the launch of The AOL On Network in North America last year, which regularly achieves the number-one spot in comScore’s video category with four billion ad streams, and is the top premium digital video provider with one billion content streams.
Part of this success is attributed to AOL's venture into original content creation through the AOL Originals, a slate of high-quality original programming with talent such as Gwyneth Paltrow, Sarah Jessica Parker and Nicole Richie.
Graham Moysey, head of international at AOL, said: "AOL On is already the web's largest premium curated video library and today we're launching with some of the UK's leading content producers and publishers and looking forward to getting many more on board in the coming months."
In addition to the online video hub, the AOL On app will be available in the UK in the Apple App and Google Play stores in early April.
AOL On builds on AOL’s existing video offering through branded content distribution business, Be On and programmatic video trading platform Adap.tv.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)