Diet Coke Frost Slurpee pulled over quality concerns
Coca-Cola's first ever frozen product, Diet Coke Frost, has been pulled from US stores over "quality" concerns.
Diet Coke Frost: frozen drink withdrawn from sale in the US by Coke and 7-Eleven
The Slush Puppie-style semi-frozen drink went on sale last month through US chain 7-Eleven, but the soft drinks giant moved quickly to withdraw the product after concerns that the product was not of a sufficiently high quality.
In a joint statement, Coke and 7-Eleven said: "In keeping with both companies' quality standards, 7-Eleven has decided to remove the product." It is not known if the firms plan to return the product to market.
Slurpees are sold by 7-Eleven under licence from The Icee Company, which also owns Slush Puppie, the brand better known to UK consumers.
At the time of the launch, Stuart Kronauge, Coca-Cola North America’s general manager for sparkling beverages, described Diet Coke Frost as a "a great-tasting, refreshing uplift for any time of day".
A 20-ounce serving of Diet Coke Frost Cherry includes natural cherry flavour and contains 30 calories and 12g of carbohydrates.
Consumers who downloaded 7-Eleven’s free mobile app to their iPhone or Android phone can claim a coupon for a free Diet Coke Frost Cherry.
Earlier this month, Coca-Cola was forced to defend US poster ads for Diet Coke featuring typography that appears to endorse cocaine use, with the slogan: "You're on. Coke."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Project Manager (6 -8 months Contract) Stopgap £40000 per annum, West Midlands
- Digital Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands