Jack Daniel's appoints Splendid for rock and roll brief
Jack Daniel's has appointed Splendid Communications to help launch a campaign reminding consumers of the whiskey brand's ties to music.
Jack Daniel's: hires Splendid to promote whiskey brand's ties to music
The brand appointed Splendid to the account after a competitive pitch that included PR and ad agencies, and was handled by Creativebrief. Campaign revealed the pitch in January.
Splendid will work with Jack Daniel’s other UK agencies – Critical Mass and UM London, which handle the brand's digital and media work, respectively – to create an integrated campaign that reinforces the Brown-Forman owned whiskey’s association with music, in particular rock and roll.
Michael Boaler, the head of music at Jack Daniel’s, said: "Splendid impressed with its combination of strategic thinking and big ideas, delivered with a clear passion and understanding for music.
"They share our ambition for Jack and music and bring an approach which is fresh and exciting in equal measure. They are a great addition to the Jack Daniel’s family and we can’t wait to get started."
The campaign will comprise media partnerships, events, social media, content and PR.
Alex Samways, the chief executive of Splendid, added: "This is a brief I have coveted my entire career. Jack Daniel's is an icon among music-lovers; it’s the true spirit of rock and roll. We're honoured and excited to be working with JD."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...