Facebook investor Accel predicts rise of 1-2-1 advertising
Accel Partners, one of the early venture capital companies to invest in Facebook, has predicted the rise of one-to-one advertising across multiple channels as one of the next big booms, in a session at Advertising Week.
Philippe Botteri: "a good marketing strategy should really leverage both offline and online"
Philippe Botteri, a partner at Accel, told Trevor Healy, the chief executive of the mobile ad platform Amobee, in Tuesday morning's VC dialogue session that big data and personalisation was driving this change.
Botteri said: "Advertising is changing from segmentation, where brands were trying to understand how to segment their customers and then market for each segment. This vision of the world will disappear in the next few years and be replaced by one-on-one advertising.
"If you look at a company like Booking.com, they built their own email marketing engine [to] send out millions of emails without ever sending the same email to more than two users."
Botteri added that email marketing was "just the first step" and would be followed by advertising on a one-to-one basis "across platform, across content and across search".
He said: "A good marketing strategy should really leverage both offline and online and it's been interesting to see the development of online advertising over the past ten years."Facebook is the "next thing" in terms of customer acquisition, Botteri added. "Facebook on mobile right now is what search engine marketing was in 2005-2007. We see an opportunity for brands to spend very large amounts on Facebook mobile with a great return."
For all the latest news from Advertising Week Europe visit the LIVE@AdvertisingWeek blog.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)