Global backs Smooth with Michael Bublé TV campaign
The singer Michael Bublé is fronting a multimillion-pound TV campaign for Global Radio's Smooth Radio network.
The activity began during ITV’s ‘Saturday Night Takeaway’ at the weekend. The spot will also appear on Channel 4 and Channel 5 and is part of a major boost to promote the former GMG Radio station.
Following the end of the competition process into its purchase of GMG Radio, Global Radio has revived Smooth's presenter line-up, bringing in ITV presenters Kate Garraway and Andrew Castle, and the reality television star and presenter Myleene Klass.
The beginning of the TV ad, which was created by WCRS, shows a mysterious figure walking through the kitchen of a five-star hotel. As he walks, he picks up a Smooth-branded portable radio.
The ad then switches to another part of the same hotel where a man and a woman are sharing a meal in silence. The door of the room the couple are in opens, revealing the mystery figure as Bublé.
The singer places the radio on the table and turns up the volume, which instantly changes the atmosphere in the room. The couple then relaxes to the sound of ‘To Love Somebody’ from Bublé’s Grammy-award-winning album, ‘To Be Loved’.
Giles Pearman, Global Radio’s group marketing director, said: "Global is backing the Smooth brand with a multimillion-pound investment in advertising.
"Michael Bublé is the perfect star for our TV adverts, as one of Smooth listeners' most-loved artists."
Media planning and buying for the campaign was by PHD.
Bublé said: "There are so many great artists they could have picked for this commercial. I loved the concept and the result. I hope that everyone else does."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager (Senior) Major Players £00000000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Visual Designer Experis Circa £43,000 + Benefits, London (City of), London (Greater)