BT TV and Sport hires Bushell as managing director
BT TV and Sport has appointed BSkyB veteran Delia Bushell as managing director, reporting to John Petter, the BT Consumer chief executive.
Delia Bushell: joins BT TV and Sport as managing director
Bushell, who will join the broadcaster in July, is currently chief commercial officer of Sky Italia, overseeing marketing and sales for its €2.5 billion (£2 billion) residential business.
She has spent the past fourteen years at Sky and prior to her tenure at Sky Italia was director of broadband and telephony at BSkyB from 2006 to 2011, taking its broadband service from launch to more than 3.5 million subscribers.
Previous to that, she was managing director of Sky Ireland, and has also held the role of director of commercial affairs for Sky Networks. In this role she defined the strategy and launch plans for Sky’s Freeview channels, as well as directing all commercial activity around Sky One.
Bushell said: "BT is shaking up the UK TV market. Sport may have grabbed the headlines recently but the opportunity is far broader and I look forward to working with the team to build on the successes to date."
Petter said: "Delia has an excellent track record of delivery and is an experienced top class executive. She helped Sky build a formidable triple play base and I am sure she will help us to build on our strong success with BT TV and Sport."
BT TV has a customer base of more than 950,000 homes with more than 150 channels and on demand content via its BT set top boxes.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London