AA, Post Office and Boots named UK's most trusted brands
The AA, the Post Office and Boots have been named the top three most trusted brands in the UK, according to BrandAsset Valuator (BAV).
The AA: John Cleese stars in 2010's AA insurance TV campaign
The brands were quickly followed by Google, Johnson's Baby, Fairy, RAC, Marks & Spencer, Dulux, and Kellogg's Corn Flakes.
The list, which excludes brands from the British armed forces and charities, was compiled from a survey of over 3,000 people in the UK between the ages of 18 and 74 by Rainey Kelley Campbell Roalfe /Y&R's in-house database, BAV.
When including the British armed forces and charity brands, the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal, the NSPCC and Macmillan Cancer Support also scored highly in holding consumers' trust.
Other charities that scored highly were Help for Heroes, Cancer Research UK, and the British Red Cross, while the Army, the RAF, the Royal Marines and the Royal Navy were all recognised as highly trusted brands.
Ben Kay, chief executive of Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, said: "There’s been a huge amount of discussion around trust in brands in recent years and this latest BAV study shows us who the winners and the losers in the battle for trust over the recession have been.
"There’s a fascinating mixture of brands spanning services, retail, FMCG and technology from both UK and abroad, proving beyond doubt that trust is driven as much by how you act as what you sell."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London