Thetrainline.com backs 'rubbish' mobile app with TV ad
Thetrainline.com has launched an ad campaign promoting its smartphone app, using humour to convey how the software is good for saving consumers money on train fares, but useless for saving them from tedious and life-threatening situations.
Thetrainline.com: new app is no use for skydiving
The campaign was created by agency DLKW Lowe and is being led by a 30-second TV spot that depicts a hapless man trying to use the app to save him from situations such as the attentions of an over-affectionate dog, a skydive gone awry and the IT nightmare of a self-combusting computer.
The ad ends with the line, "Brilliant for train stuff. Rubbish for anything else."
Thetrainline.com’s app enables travellers to check travel information and book train tickets, with the ad pushing a "save 43% on average on train tickets" message.
Iain Hildreth, thetrainline.com’s marketing director, said: "As more consumers are accessing information and purchasing on the go, we wanted to communicate everything our app has to offer.
"We’ve always tried to bring a touch of humour to our advertising and I think we’ve done that again with this new campaign."
New features, including live departures information, will be added to the app throughout the year. It can be downloaded for free from thetrainline.com’s website.
The company ran an ad promoting its mobile app back in 2011 and has since launched a campaign urging consumers to "be sensible".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London