Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
Powerade, the Coca-Cola-owned sports drink, has launched a global campaign with FC Barcelona player Andrés Iniesta, ahead of the 2014 Fifa World Cup.
Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam created the campaign, which is called 'There’s Power In Every Game' and includes TV and online spots, as well as print and outdoor executions.
In the global spot, Iniesta is shown playing in front of a packed stadium when the action cuts to children playing for fun on dusty pitches. Throughout the spot, which is 60 seconds long, the voiceover talks about how "the game that matters most is the one you're playing".
The ad is being shown in nearly 40 markets across the world, including the US, Mexico, Brazil and South Africa. A 30-second version of the ad is also planned to air in the UK.
The global ad is supported by five documentary films, which are being hosted on Powerade’s YouTube channel. Each film follows a different young athlete who has come up against adversity and chosen to power through.
One of the documentary spots tells the story of Nicolai ‘Nico’ Calabria, who was born with one leg, but still managed to become a good football player using a crutch. A 60-second version of this spot will be shown on TV in selected markets, including the US, from 27 April.
The work was written by Bernard Hunter, art directed by Mike Bond and directed by AG Rojas through Caviar Los Angeles. Starcom MediaVest handled the media planning and buying.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...