Clients boost spend in traditional channels
Increases in client spend on traditional media channels have outstripped that on digital for the first time in three years, according to the latest IPA Bellwether Report.
A net balance of 11.7 per cent of companies said they had increased their main media budgets in the first quarter of 2014, while only 8.5 per cent raised internet spend over the same period. Main media includes TV, mobile film, press, radio, cinema, outdoor directories and some online channels.
Overall, a net balance of 20.4 per cent of companies increased their marketing budgets in Q1 – the biggest growth since records began in 2000. The second-highest was in Q3 2013, when a net balance of 13.5 per cent increased their budgets.
The Bellwether Report calculates net balance by subtracting the percentage of companies reporting a downward revision from those registering an upward one.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)