Clients boost spend in traditional channels
Increases in client spend on traditional media channels have outstripped that on digital for the first time in three years, according to the latest IPA Bellwether Report.
A net balance of 11.7 per cent of companies said they had increased their main media budgets in the first quarter of 2014, while only 8.5 per cent raised internet spend over the same period. Main media includes TV, mobile film, press, radio, cinema, outdoor directories and some online channels.
Overall, a net balance of 20.4 per cent of companies increased their marketing budgets in Q1 – the biggest growth since records began in 2000. The second-highest was in Q3 2013, when a net balance of 13.5 per cent increased their budgets.
The Bellwether Report calculates net balance by subtracting the percentage of companies reporting a downward revision from those registering an upward one.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)