Clients boost spend in traditional channels
Increases in client spend on traditional media channels have outstripped that on digital for the first time in three years, according to the latest IPA Bellwether Report.
A net balance of 11.7 per cent of companies said they had increased their main media budgets in the first quarter of 2014, while only 8.5 per cent raised internet spend over the same period. Main media includes TV, mobile film, press, radio, cinema, outdoor directories and some online channels.
Overall, a net balance of 20.4 per cent of companies increased their marketing budgets in Q1 – the biggest growth since records began in 2000. The second-highest was in Q3 2013, when a net balance of 13.5 per cent increased their budgets.
The Bellwether Report calculates net balance by subtracting the percentage of companies reporting a downward revision from those registering an upward one.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...