Ex-M&S marketing chief Steven Sharp consulting at WPP
Steven Sharp, the former marketing director of Marks & Spencer, is working as a consultant for WPP, which now holds both the creative and media accounts for the retailer.
Steven Sharp: working at WPP as consultant following retirement from M&S
Sharp, who was M&S’s marketing director for ten years, has been working on retail projects for the holding company for several months.
Last week, M&S moved its media account from incumbents Walker Media and Profero into WPP’s Mindshare.
Sharp retired from M&S in February, and was replaced by Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne, the former group president of Estée Lauder.
A spokesman for WPP said: "Steven is working with WPP as a consultant on various retail marketing projects."
M&S's creative advertising business is held by another WPP-owned agency, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
This article was first published on Campaignlive.co.uk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)