Ex-M&S marketing chief Steven Sharp consulting at WPP
Steven Sharp, the former marketing director of Marks & Spencer, is working as a consultant for WPP, which now holds both the creative and media accounts for the retailer.
Steven Sharp: working at WPP as consultant following retirement from M&S
Sharp, who was M&S’s marketing director for ten years, has been working on retail projects for the holding company for several months.
Last week, M&S moved its media account from incumbents Walker Media and Profero into WPP’s Mindshare.
Sharp retired from M&S in February, and was replaced by Patrick Bousquet-Chavanne, the former group president of Estée Lauder.
A spokesman for WPP said: "Steven is working with WPP as a consultant on various retail marketing projects."
M&S's creative advertising business is held by another WPP-owned agency, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R.
This article was first published on Campaignlive.co.uk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)