Amnesty International burns candles to illuminate new hope
A man kneels, his head bowed, his hands pulled behind his back, shackled in chains, while a man presents his daughter for the world of prostitution, and a gun stands upright.
These candles, once burned down, transform into powerful brass images of hope, with the kneeling man revealed standing, unchained, holding up his son, the girl is seen standing alone, with a backpack, and the gun has melted away to reveal a pen in its place.
Amnesty Internation commissioned the artist due 'Coarse' – Mark Landwehr and Sven Waschk – to create the sculptures, and the 30 limited edition candles are up for bid on eBay.
Brand: Amnesty International
Agency: Ogilvy & Mather
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)