Former JWT chairman Tim Davis dies
Tim Davis, the former chairman of JWT London, has died.
JWT: the agency is reverting to the original J. Walter Thompson name in December
Davis, who retired in 2006 after a 32-year career in advertising, passed away on Saturday.
He started his career as a graduate trainee at Young & Rubicam in 1967, before being made managing director in 1980 and then chairman of that agency aged just 35 in 1982.
In 1984, he set up his own agency – Davis Wilkins – with with Y&R’s creative director Chris Wilkins, and the backing of BMP DDB. This was subsequently acquired by Omnicom and was merged into BMP Business.
He also ran JWT and WPP’s Unilever and Shell accounts, and was made chairman of JWT London in 1999.
Bob Jeffrey, the worldwide chairman and chief executive of JWT, said of Davis: "He was a master at striking a balance between being the conscience of the client within the agency and the agency advocate with client. Tim was truly one of the best global business directors I have ever worked with."
His funeral will take place at 1pm on Thursday 1 May at St John's Church, Lansdowne Crescent, Notting Hill, W11.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)