Media360 chair Pattison: 'Human side of our industry is really important'
As the media landscape shifts and morphs at increasing speed, Lindsay Pattison, chief executive of WPP's Maxus, says honest debate is more important than ever ahead of this year's Media360.
Maxus’ leader and chair of this year’s Media360 event, warns of "still siloed mentality" within media, marketing and advertising, which has contributed to playing catch-up with consumers.
Pattison said: "I am most looking forward to the whole industry getting together and having a really honest, lively, energetic debate. We see each other all the time, everyone in this room is very familiar with each other.
"With us all working together innovating, collaborating, and accelerating as an industry. It’s down to us all having a voice... asking lots of questions and having lots of debate around the fringes of the conference."
Media360 is the annual two-day gathering of leaders in the media and marketing industries. Joining Pattison on stage at this year's event are agency leaders: Daren Rubins, chief executive of PHD; Paul Frampton, chief executive of Havas Media, Matthew Hook, managing director of Carat; Catherine Becker, chief executive of AdConnection; and Marco Bertozzi, executive manaing director EMEA of VivaKi.
Pattison said: "It is a really good time to pause, and have a think and work out how we do things better together. We only innovate when we get different minds and creativity, intellect, capablity, technology, media thinking and brains all working together. That human side of our industry is really important."
For more details about Media360 on 8-9 May see Media Week's events page.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)