KFC boss hails brand's 'great story' as chain kicks off £21m investment programme
KFC boss Martin Shuker said the fried chicken chain has a "great story" to tell, as the Yum-owned brand announced today it is investing £21m in opening new stores and creating new jobs.
KFC: 'daredevil bites' TV campaign
Shuker has been at the helm of the brand's UK and Ireland business for 10 years. He told the Daily Telegraph: "I just love what I do. It's a great brand that people are always interested in and fascinated by.
"There's such a great story here about our people and what we've done and that's the thing I get the most joy in and the most pride about."
Today (28 April) KFC said it is investing £21m in opening 32 new branches, creating 1,300 jobs. It is part of the brand's growth plan and Shucker said there is no reason why the plan to open 30 new stores a year should not be sustainable for another five years.
He said: "The reality is that we could absolutely keep growing at this rate for the next five years and longer because there's a demand for KFC in geographies where we are not yet present.
"We also have the opportunity to evolve our restaurants to offer greater convenience and access to the brand.
"If you take the trajectory of what we've done in the last five years and fast-forward, that would not be misleading in terms of what we want to do in the next five years. It's a line of good, consistent growth."
KFC's sales have increased steadily from around £500m in 2004 to nearly £1bn.
Shuker said: "The opportunity we have is about whether we can innovate in different restaurants that might hopefully be successful as well and could allow us to increase our rate growth. That's what we'd like to do."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)