Watch: How mobile is changing mums' shopping habits
Chris McDonough, marketing director at Asda, discusses how British mums shopping habits are changing as a result of increased smartphone and tablet penetration.
In the video below, McDonough points to uptake in mobile and tablet devices as a key driver for the shift.
Speaking at last week's Mumstock event about marketing to mothers, McDonough talks about a "generation of convenience" where mums are looking for "simple, easy, hassle free solutions that make their lives easier".
Justine Roberts, chief executive at Mumsnet, adds: "We just think there's a lof myths about motherhood and the way marketers talk to mums that really needs to be recalibrated and reset because the conversation just isn't working.
"We wanted to delve a bit deeper, do some research with our partners Saatchi & Saatchi and come and discuss it [to] try and reset the compass."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England