Watch: How mobile is changing mums' shopping habits
Chris McDonough, marketing director at Asda, discusses how British mums shopping habits are changing as a result of increased smartphone and tablet penetration.
In the video below, McDonough points to uptake in mobile and tablet devices as a key driver for the shift.
Speaking at last week's Mumstock event about marketing to mothers, McDonough talks about a "generation of convenience" where mums are looking for "simple, easy, hassle free solutions that make their lives easier".
Justine Roberts, chief executive at Mumsnet, adds: "We just think there's a lof myths about motherhood and the way marketers talk to mums that really needs to be recalibrated and reset because the conversation just isn't working.
"We wanted to delve a bit deeper, do some research with our partners Saatchi & Saatchi and come and discuss it [to] try and reset the compass."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Planner or Brand Strategist (called Insights Manager internally) Girl Hub. Competitive, Ethiopia (ET)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Brand Partnership Executive - GB Tourism Ireland £28,564 - £34,685 , London
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- PR Executive - Maternity Contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Worcestershire