Watch: How mobile is changing mums' shopping habits
Chris McDonough, marketing director at Asda, discusses how British mums shopping habits are changing as a result of increased smartphone and tablet penetration.
In the video below, McDonough points to uptake in mobile and tablet devices as a key driver for the shift.
Speaking at last week's Mumstock event about marketing to mothers, McDonough talks about a "generation of convenience" where mums are looking for "simple, easy, hassle free solutions that make their lives easier".
Justine Roberts, chief executive at Mumsnet, adds: "We just think there's a lof myths about motherhood and the way marketers talk to mums that really needs to be recalibrated and reset because the conversation just isn't working.
"We wanted to delve a bit deeper, do some research with our partners Saatchi & Saatchi and come and discuss it [to] try and reset the compass."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)