Watch: How mobile is changing mums' shopping habits
Chris McDonough, marketing director at Asda, discusses how British mums shopping habits are changing as a result of increased smartphone and tablet penetration.
In the video below, McDonough points to uptake in mobile and tablet devices as a key driver for the shift.
Speaking at last week's Mumstock event about marketing to mothers, McDonough talks about a "generation of convenience" where mums are looking for "simple, easy, hassle free solutions that make their lives easier".
Justine Roberts, chief executive at Mumsnet, adds: "We just think there's a lof myths about motherhood and the way marketers talk to mums that really needs to be recalibrated and reset because the conversation just isn't working.
"We wanted to delve a bit deeper, do some research with our partners Saatchi & Saatchi and come and discuss it [to] try and reset the compass."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)