Watch: How mobile is changing mums' shopping habits
Chris McDonough, marketing director at Asda, discusses how British mums shopping habits are changing as a result of increased smartphone and tablet penetration.
In the video below, McDonough points to uptake in mobile and tablet devices as a key driver for the shift.
Speaking at last week's Mumstock event about marketing to mothers, McDonough talks about a "generation of convenience" where mums are looking for "simple, easy, hassle free solutions that make their lives easier".
Justine Roberts, chief executive at Mumsnet, adds: "We just think there's a lof myths about motherhood and the way marketers talk to mums that really needs to be recalibrated and reset because the conversation just isn't working.
"We wanted to delve a bit deeper, do some research with our partners Saatchi & Saatchi and come and discuss it [to] try and reset the compass."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Antrim
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London