News UK to add England cricket highlights to news sites
News UK is set to add near-live international cricket highlights to its digital products from next month, as it continues to develop its paid-for proposition.
England cricket: News UK to add match highlights to its digital products
From May, readers of The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times will be able to watch all the wickets, boundaries and sixes in near-live clips of England international cricket, including the next Ashes series.
Subscribers will be able to access the cricket coverage at home, work or on the move via PC, smartphone or tablet. Coverage will include England's InvestecTest Matches, Royal London One Day Internationals, NatWest International T20s and selected domestic cricket matches.
News UK subscribers are already able to view video coverage of Premier League and FA Cup football, as well Aviva Premiership rugby.
Mike Darcey, chief executive of News UK, said: "This new deal further strengthens our great sporting offer built around our world-class journalism. Thrilling football and rugby action is now joined by enthralling England international cricket clashes, so a subscription to one of our titles is a must for sports fans who want to keep up with the game in the digital era."
David Collier, chief executive of the England and Wales Cricket Board, said the new partnership with "one of the UK’s biggest media companies" addresses a key priority to boosting digital exposure of the sport.
The Sun’s chief cricket correspondent, John Etheridge, said: "With a new coach in Peter Moores and captain Alastair Cook under pressure and scrutiny, it is going to be a fascinating summer for England."Follow @DurraniMix
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)