'Make work as much fun as possible' - Iceland's Malcolm Walker's tips for the top
Malcolm Walker, founder and chief executive of Iceland Foods, shares his tips for getting to the top in the world of business.
Malcolm Walker's best ideas have been dismissed as "mad"
1. Treat people well: the way you’d like to be treated yourself - the Iceland way not the Woolworth’s one.
2. Ignore conventional wisdom: most of my best business initiatives have been dismissed as "mad".
3. Don’t be afraid to borrow ideas: particularly if you can take someone else’s idea and do it better than they do.
4. Work hard but never at the cost of neglecting your family.
5. Be prepared to take risks but never risk your whole business on a single bet.
6. Make work as much fun as possible: you’ll have a happier workforce and more satisfied customers.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England