Former Bacardi brand chief to lead new Jägermeister UK team
German herbal spirit brand Jägermeister has set up a UK subsidiary, the first outside its German borders, which is being headed by former Bacardi global brand director Guy Lawrence.
Jagermeister: 'journey to surf' by The Red Brick Road
Named Mast-Jägermeister UK, the office opens for business on 6 May and will be solely responsible for supplying the UK – the liqueur's third-largest global market.
Currently, Jägermeister has to be bought via third-party supplier Cellar Trends. In forming the new company, which employs 75 people, Mast-Jägermeister UK has recruited a number of Cellar Trends staff, including Nicole Goodwin, who has been made UK marketing director.
Other hires include Aidan Wilday, who joins as sales director from Miller Brands, and Bacardi Brown Forman’s Jonathan Dennys, who join as customer marketing and insight controller.
Lawrence said: "This is an exciting time for the brand and an important step for Mast-Jägermeister as we look to build on its popularity and success with a dedicated operation and talented team of industry experts.
"We’ve just launched our first ever TV advertising campaign in the UK and we have big ambitions for the brand. We are continuing to invest in high-impact, standout activity that connects with our target audience, supports our trade partners and continues to ensure that Jägermeister remains relevant and focused as the iconic and influential premium spirit."
Jägermeister was developed by Curt Mast and launched in Germany 80 years ago. It is made using a secret recipe using a blend of 56 herbs, blossoms, roots and fruits. According to the company, it is best served as an ice-cold shot.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)