Pitch update: Virgin Atlantic, Govt media buying, Game and BIS
Virgin Atlantic: global ad pitch
More than 20 shops have been invited to participate in the global Virgin Atlantic advertising pitch, which is being run by Creativebrief. Those that have been selected to make it through to the next stage won’t know until the week after next. One condition of the pitch document states that the client must not account for more than 30 per cent of an agency’s billings – this should see many of the shops invited fall like nine pins. Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R is the 20-year incumbent.
The deadline for media agencies to respond to the Government’s tender for its media buying business – held by Group M’s bespoke agency, M4C – passed last week. The winning shop will handle the media buying for all projects, rather than sharing it with a roster of agencies, so the business is sure to be much in demand.
Advertising pitches for the retailer Game have been taking place this week. Four agencies have been invited to participate, including the incumbent, TBWA\London.
Meanwhile, the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills’ pitch to find a shop to promote apprenticeships to young people will take place on 12 May. It was supposed to be on 19 May, but was brought forward as the BIS is keen to get the campaign out. Agencies pitching include Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, FCB Inferno, M&C Saatchi and Ogilvy & Mather.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London