Helen Buck named business development director at Sainsbury's
Sainsbury's has appointed former marketer Helen Buck as the supermarket's business development director, in an internal management shake-up in preparation for chief executive Justin King's departure.
Helen Buck: named business development director at Sainsbury's
Buck, currently Sainsbury's retail director, will take on her new role on 11 May, and will be responsible for developing the business beyond the core. In addition to Mobile by Sainsbury's and Sainsbury's Energy, the Sainsbury's Online business will become part of her remit.
Sarah Warby remains as marketing director.
Robbie Feather will lead the online operations, becoming director of online and reporting directly to Buck.
Paul Mill-Hicks, currently the business unit director for grocery, is promoted to the operating board as food commercial director, responsible for own brand among other areas.
Roger Burnley, currently managing director of general merchandise, clothing and logistics, becomes the retail operations director leading a newly combined team of supermarkets, convenience and logistics.
Peter Griffiths, chief executive of Sainsbury's Bank, also joins the operating board following Sainsbury's acquisition of the remaining 50% shareholding of the bank from Lloyds Banking Group.
Justin King, outgoing chief executive, said: "Mike Coupe and I are working closely to ensure a strong transition as we move towards my departure on 9 July.
"A key part of our success over the last 10 years has been the strength of our leadership team at all levels of our business, and our focus on developing talent from within, ensuring we have a great blend of innovative thinking and experience.
"The changes we're announcing today will strengthen an already strong leadership team, and allow us to achieve even greater success in the future."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury