Coke launches socially responsible water brand Ice Dew Chun Yue in China
Coca-Cola has launched a socially responsible water brand in China called Ice Dew Chun Yue, which supports initiatives to give clean drinking water to rural schoolchildren.
Ice Dew Chun Yue: Coca-Cola launches bottled water brand in China
The new water brand has been launched with the strapline "Drink good, do good, feel good," and its sales will support the One Foundation in its efforts to build water facilities in provinces including Yunnan and Sichuan.
Pratik Thakar, Coca-Cola's Pacific Group lead for creative and content excellence, told Campaign Asia-Pacific that the brand wants to reach 20- to 35-year-old millennials, seeing an opportunity to link the brand into this group of people's desire for social activism.
He called this group of people smart, pragmatic, quality conscious and concerned about what people think of them.
Thackar said: "They like to think and discuss, they are very active in social media like weibo and WeChat about social issues, however they are not very proactive in doing things that tackle those issues."
The bottled water category is fast-growing in China, in part due to the issues of water contamination in the country.
Investigators this month said that an oil leak that contaminated the tap water of 2.4 million people came from China's largest oil company, while last year 16,000 dead pigs were found in the Huangpu River, the source of Shanghai's drinking water.
The new Ice Dew Chun Yue product translates as "pure joy" and is the first initiative of its kind carried out by Coke.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London