Media360: 'It's not radio, it's audio,' says Global Radio's Mike Gordon
Mike Gordon, the managing director, commercial at Global Radio, spoke to Media Week at Media360 about recent change in the radio industry and the importance of quality content.
Mike Gordon: the managing director, commercial at Global Radio
Gordon said radio is essentially, "a box with a plug and a speaker" and it is the quality of the content that is keeping today's audience engaged.
Talking ahead of a panel session where he spoke, Gordon said: "If you look around the world, what is a radio? Is Apple iRadio radio? Is Pandora Radio radio? You know, we as Global, we're not a radio business we're a music entertainments business."
Because people now consume audio on various platforms, said Gordon, the past two years in particular have seen a change in advertising models that until now never existed.
Video produced by Georgina Brazier and Joel Fothergill
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London