Media360: 'It's not radio, it's audio,' says Global Radio's Mike Gordon
Mike Gordon, the managing director, commercial at Global Radio, spoke to Media Week at Media360 about recent change in the radio industry and the importance of quality content.
Mike Gordon: the managing director, commercial at Global Radio
Gordon said radio is essentially, "a box with a plug and a speaker" and it is the quality of the content that is keeping today's audience engaged.
Talking ahead of a panel session where he spoke, Gordon said: "If you look around the world, what is a radio? Is Apple iRadio radio? Is Pandora Radio radio? You know, we as Global, we're not a radio business we're a music entertainments business."
Because people now consume audio on various platforms, said Gordon, the past two years in particular have seen a change in advertising models that until now never existed.
Video produced by Georgina Brazier and Joel Fothergill
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England