Taylors of Harrogate arrives on TV with dialogue-free ad set to American Civil War hit
Director Frank Budgen spent three weeks in his studio in Willesden experimenting with lights, shapes, sounds and textures in order to create a coffee ad "unlike any other".
The first ever TV campaign for Taylors of Harrogate aims to disrupt the "beige" creative norm of coffee advertising and immerse the viewer in a visual and audio representation of the brand’s "mind-blowing" coffee experience.
Dialogue-free creative is set to a version of an 1855 composition called ‘Listen to the Mockingbird’, a song that was popular during the American Civil War and described by Abraham Lincoln as "sincere as the laughter of a little girl at play".
Brand: Taylors of Harrogate
Client: Simon Eyles, marketing director, Taylors of Harrogate
Creative: Simon Bere
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End