Taylors of Harrogate arrives on TV with dialogue-free ad set to American Civil War hit
Director Frank Budgen spent three weeks in his studio in Willesden experimenting with lights, shapes, sounds and textures in order to create a coffee ad "unlike any other".
The first ever TV campaign for Taylors of Harrogate aims to disrupt the "beige" creative norm of coffee advertising and immerse the viewer in a visual and audio representation of the brand’s "mind-blowing" coffee experience.
Dialogue-free creative is set to a version of an 1855 composition called ‘Listen to the Mockingbird’, a song that was popular during the American Civil War and described by Abraham Lincoln as "sincere as the laughter of a little girl at play".
Brand: Taylors of Harrogate
Client: Simon Eyles, marketing director, Taylors of Harrogate
Creative: Simon Bere
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London