Taylors of Harrogate arrives on TV with dialogue-free ad set to American Civil War hit
Director Frank Budgen spent three weeks in his studio in Willesden experimenting with lights, shapes, sounds and textures in order to create a coffee ad "unlike any other".
The first ever TV campaign for Taylors of Harrogate aims to disrupt the "beige" creative norm of coffee advertising and immerse the viewer in a visual and audio representation of the brand’s "mind-blowing" coffee experience.
Dialogue-free creative is set to a version of an 1855 composition called ‘Listen to the Mockingbird’, a song that was popular during the American Civil War and described by Abraham Lincoln as "sincere as the laughter of a little girl at play".
Brand: Taylors of Harrogate
Client: Simon Eyles, marketing director, Taylors of Harrogate
Creative: Simon Bere
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)