Taylors of Harrogate arrives on TV with dialogue-free ad set to American Civil War hit
Director Frank Budgen spent three weeks in his studio in Willesden experimenting with lights, shapes, sounds and textures in order to create a coffee ad "unlike any other".
The first ever TV campaign for Taylors of Harrogate aims to disrupt the "beige" creative norm of coffee advertising and immerse the viewer in a visual and audio representation of the brand’s "mind-blowing" coffee experience.
Dialogue-free creative is set to a version of an 1855 composition called ‘Listen to the Mockingbird’, a song that was popular during the American Civil War and described by Abraham Lincoln as "sincere as the laughter of a little girl at play".
Brand: Taylors of Harrogate
Client: Simon Eyles, marketing director, Taylors of Harrogate
Creative: Simon Bere
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)