Taylors of Harrogate arrives on TV with dialogue-free ad set to American Civil War hit
Director Frank Budgen spent three weeks in his studio in Willesden experimenting with lights, shapes, sounds and textures in order to create a coffee ad "unlike any other".
The first ever TV campaign for Taylors of Harrogate aims to disrupt the "beige" creative norm of coffee advertising and immerse the viewer in a visual and audio representation of the brand’s "mind-blowing" coffee experience.
Dialogue-free creative is set to a version of an 1855 composition called ‘Listen to the Mockingbird’, a song that was popular during the American Civil War and described by Abraham Lincoln as "sincere as the laughter of a little girl at play".
Brand: Taylors of Harrogate
Client: Simon Eyles, marketing director, Taylors of Harrogate
Creative: Simon Bere
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London