Pepsi Max 'visual album' celebrates the sights and sounds of football
Pepsi Max has today (12 May) launched a campaign called 'Beats of the Beautiful Game', which celebrates the sights and sounds of football, ahead of the World Cup in Brazil.
Rita Ora: one of the artists on the Pepsi album
The campaign centres on a "visual album" featuring music from Rita Ora, Santigold, Kelly Rowland and Timbaland, among others.
The tracks will serve as inspirations for 11 short films by directors including Spike Lee, Idris Elba and The Kolton Brothers.
Each week Pepsi Max will showcase the songs from the album as a new single available on iTunes, with the accompanying filmtracks streamed on a dedicate microsite www.pepsi.com/thegame as well as YouTube and Vevo.
In addition to the music activity, Pepsi Max has partnered with Cine Favela, a cultural non-profit organisation that provides film education and tools for aspiring young directors throughout Brazil.
The films for Pearls Negras’ track on the "Beats of the Beautiful Game" will be brought to life through film by Cine Favela.
Frank Cooper III, chief marketing officer, global consumer engagement, PepsiCo, said: "This visual album is a celebration of different artistic talents and intertwines two art forms that up until now existed mostly in service of one another.
"With Pepsi Beats of the Beautiful Game, we are finally elevating these artforms to an equal plane and showcasing them on a global level.
"The ‘beats’ are both musical and visual snapshots that speak to the spirit of football culture, where songs serve as inspiration for the films – and the films allow for greater interpretation of the songs."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)