Major ISPs launch child internet safety campaign
The UK's four biggest internet service providers (ISPs) have today launched a child-safety initiative called Internet Matters, as part of the Government's crackdown on the content children have access to online..
Internet Matters: the UK's ISPs unite for a child-safety initiative
Sky, TalkTalk, BT and Virgin Media have partnered to launch a dedicated online portal that provides information, advice and links to specialist resources for British parents concerning internet safety.
The initiative has come about following political pressure from prime minister David Cameron, who is pushing through measures that will have every household forced to opt-out of filters to access adult content on the internet.
The Internet Matters brand was created by VentureThree and is supported by print, radio, mobile and digital channels.
Activity is expected to cost £25m in this year alone, although the campaign will be in the style of a "drink aware" campaign, with sustained awareness over a number of years, rather than a big one-off effort.
Rachel Huggins, head of marketing at internet Matters, said: "The brand is highly impactful and eye-catching. It talks in a different way and explains to parents how they can become more confident and equipped."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)