O2: Telefónica met with ZenithOptimedia, WPP, Havas Media and Dentsu Aegis
The first pitch for Telefónica’s European media account, which includes O2, took place this week. The incumbent, ZenithOptimedia (which could so badly do with stemming the flow of business out of the shop), flew out to Spain, as did teams from Dentsu Aegis Network, Havas Media and WPP, to display their wares.
Media agencies are preparing for one of the first pitches through the Government’s media planning framework. All six roster shops have been approached to pitch for the HM Revenue & Customs account. Stage one involves written entries – in which academic and written language is considered important – and stage two will follow with presentations. The incumbent, PHD, is not on the framework, but its sister shop Manning Gottlieb OMD is and will try to keep the business with Omnicom.
Virgin Atlantic has finally whittled down its extraordinarily long list of 20-plus agencies (what was Creativebrief’s rationale there?) to a rather more manageable seven or eight. The incumbent, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, is invited to the next stage. While the lucky few are keeping schtum for now, what’s more interesting is who hasn’t made the cut. Along with smaller start-ups whose inclusion looked incongruous in the first place, they include Havas Worldwide London, Joint and M&C Saatchi.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire