Tesco Bank looks to the colour of money for new brand identity
Tesco Bank has rolled out a revised brand identity, using a palette based on the colour of coins and bank notes to help demonstrate that it understands "the importance of money".
Tesco Bank: looks to the colour of money for new brand identity
The identity, created by Wieden + Kennedy, features a "Tesco Bank blue" logo, and will be launched with an in-store and digital campaign to emphasise that Tesco understands what customers "want from a bank".
One ad states, "We’re called Tesco Bank, because we’re 100% owned by Tesco, and we’re a bank," while another carries the line, "Our call centres are in the UK, because our customers are in the UK."
All ads with use a colour palette derived from coins and notes, including silver to represent coins, turquoise for a £10 note and orange for a £10 note.
It follows the launch of a social media campaign last month to drive awareness of Tesco’s long-awaited "no frills or gimmicks" current account.
In a blog, Tesco Bank marketing director Chris Pitt claims that over the 17 years it has been providing financial services, the supermarket has learned what consumers demand from their bank.
He adds: "Tesco serves tens of millions of customers every week. We have 17 million Clubcard customers. We understand how people shop, how they live, the pressures and the perks. We know the significance of every penny and the difference each one can make.
"Customer loyalty to us is a reflection of how well we help our customers manage the pennies and the pounds. Does that sound like a good basis for a bank?"
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London